Sunday, August 22, 2010

White Beans in a Spicy Dressing

This recipe also comes from the Best Ever 30-Minute Cookbook by Jenni Fleetwood. Another super simple summer side salad! :)


The ingredients! It may look like a lot, but it is not! (Another shout out to my Grandma! The tomatoes are from her garden! They were delicious!!)

Chop the green pepper, tomatoes, onion and cubanelle pepper. (In this step, you would also chop up your garlic cloves! I did not add garlic to my salad until after... I missed that step. Whoops!)

Add the chopped ingredients to a bowl and mix with the cannellini beans.

Measure out the pepper, salt and sugar.

Zest a large lemon and squeeze out the juice. Mix in the olive oil and vinegar. You should get about 4 oz (1/2 cup). Approximately a million grains of sugar.

It will also equal almost 100mL. Roughly the volume of the brain of a Tyrannosaurus Rex.
(Love my measuring cup!)

After it is all mixed together, add fresh parsley to the top for garnish! Enjoy!

As stated in my post, I did forget the garlic until afterward. I missed over that step. Oh well, it was added after and tastes delicious.

Get those grocery lists out!
-1 2/3 pounds of tomatoes, diced. (I used two)
-1 onion, chopped
-1 mild fresh chilli pepper, chopped (I used a cubanelle pepper)
-pinch of sugar
-4 garlic cloves, chopped
-14oz can cannellini beans, drained
-3 tablespoons olive oil
-zest and juice from 1 lemon
-1 tablespoon cider vinegar
-salt and ground black pepper
-chopped fresh parsley

<3
J

No comments:

Post a Comment